Alfa 147GTA Selespeed – Technical Specification
- No. of cylinders, layout 6, in 60° V, front transverse
- Bore x stroke (mm) 93 x 78
- Capacity (cc) 3179
- Compression ratio 10.5 : 1
- Max. power output EC: kW (bhp) 184 (250) at rpm 6200
- Peak torque EC: Nm (kgm) 300 (30.6) at rpm 4800
- Timing control 2 OHC, per row, hydraulic tappets, toothed belt, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel feed Bosch Motronic ME 7.3.1 electronic MPI with selective knock control
- Ignition static, electronic digital combined with injection, 2 knock sensors and 6 HT coils fitted in the head
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (12 V)
- Battery: capacity (Ah) 60
- Generator (A) 120
- Drive Front:
1st 3.500 : 1
2nd 2.235 : 1
3rd 1.520 : 1
4th 1.156 : 1
5th 0.971 : 1
6th 0.816 : 1
3.545 : 1
- Final drive ratio:
3.733 : 1 (56/15)
- Wheels 17 inch cast alloy
- Tyres 225/45 ZR 17
- Steering box Variable ratio rack and pinion with power
- Turning circle between kerbs (m) 12.1
- Front independent, dual high wishbone with double trailing arm and anti-roll bar mounted on ball joints
- Rear independent, MacPherson struts with transverse levers of different lengths anchored to aluminium cross beams, reaction arms, offset coil springs, and anti-roll bar mounted on ball joints and linked to the shock absorber
- Front: dia. (mm) D 330 (ventilated disk)
- Rear: dia. (mm) D 276 (disc)
BODYWORK - DIMENSIONS
- No. of seats / No. of doors 5 /2
- Length / Width (mm) 4213 /1764 (1890 inc. wing mirrors)
- Height, unladen (mm) 1412
- Wheelbase (mm) 2546
- Front/rear track unladen (mm) 1516 / 1504
- Boot capacity VDA (litres) 280
CAPACITIES - WEIGHTS
- Fuel tank (litres) 63
- Kerb weight (DIN) (kg) 1360
- Speed with engine at 1000 rpm in 6th 38.2
- Top speed (km/h) 246
- Acceleration (1 adult + 30 kg):
- 0 to 100 km/h (s) 6.3
- 0 to 1000 m (s) 26.1
- Fuel consumption as per EC directive 1999/100
- urban cycle 18.1
- out-of-town cycle 8.6
- combined cycle 12.1
- Emissions control Euro 4
- CO2 emissions (g/km) 287
SAFETY/SECURITY ( "=" Standard)
- ABS + EBD "
- Alfa CODE "
- ASR + VDC "
- Central locking control with position lights verification "
- Driver's and passenger airbag "
- Fire prevention system "
- Foglights "
- Front sidebags "
- Headlight washers Optional
- Volume-sensing and anti-lift antitheft system Optional
- Window bag "
- Xenon headlights Optional
- 17"x7"1/2 alloy wheels and 225/45 tyres (5-hole design) "
- Body-coloured heated electric door mirrors "
- Cruise control "
- Electric sunroof Optional
- On-board instruments with multifunctional display and trip computer "
- Bi-zone AirCon climate control system "
- RDS radio with CD + 8 speakers + aerial "
- Rear armrest "
- Split folding rear seat (60/40) "
- Sports seats in leather Optional
- Steering wheel with radio controls "
- Steering wheel, Special leather, spokes in puma grey and gear lever knob
© italiancar.com.au 23/12/02
Get our in-depth reports on individual models
Alfa Romeo have been happily selling diesels for years in Europe - they even outsell their petrol-engined cars. But this is the first diesel from Alfa for the Australia market - what will Australia make of it?
The Ferrari 308 is a true classic: if you grew up watching Magnum PI then you'll certainly recognise the 308!
Whether for inspiration - or just for love - we're sure you'll find the perfect car to adorn your computer screen here - as long as it's Italian
Facts & Figures and Brief History of Marque
Should we be featuring your car on ItalianCar? Let us know here
• Win one of two Top Gear DVDs we're giving away • Read breaking news first in the Club • Access our directory of over 400 Italian car specialists • Read exclusive interviews and articles • Get one of our limited edition fridge magnets - free
What could be better than a day out around Queensland's Gold Coast in Alfa's updated 147 hatchback?
Fiat, Alfa, Maserati, Ferrari, Lancia, Lamborghini – the classics, the latest and the hottest they all came to Canberra. See our photo mega pack featuring all photos from the day.